Porter-Cable 698 Bench Top Router Table Review
Best Router Table Reviews presents the Porter-Cable 698 Bench Top Router Table. The Porter-Cable router table is made with supreme fondness that will be a delight for both professional and novice wood workers. Porter-Cable router tables are made from lightweight machined aluminum that is durable, easy to mobilize where transferring the router table from one location to another is very easy and the router table has an adjustable table height.
Any size routers can also be easily attached to the working table giving it a stable fit and can be snapped off easily too for easier transfer. It also has a large table top aluminium surface of 19-3/4 inch by 16-3/4 inch with a cast in lip for maximum support on table extensions.Porter-Cable router tables have predrilled table holes of 3-5/8 inches which caters mounting and adjusting router bases very well and accommodates router bits at about 3-1/3 inches. The Porter-Cable router table has modest leg heights spacious enough to store a certain number of routers. The Porter-Cable table router is featured with its split fence features that allows you to position work pieces front to back or the other way around. The multiple starting pin positions of two inserts for a larger and a smaller size plus a ¾ miter gauge slot adds to the total functionality of the Porter-Cable router table.
Porter-Cable Router Table Features and Specifications
- A wide 19-3/4 inch in length and 16-3/4 inch in width table top made from machined aluminum for strong and sturdy surface to work with. This iron casted router table is lightweight that makes it easier to log around or move from one place to another. The Porter-Cable router table top has a cast in lip for superior support on table extensions.
- ¾ miter gauge slot perfect for your miter gauge which is ¾ in size. It also has multiple starting pin locations that insert both larger and smaller size pins.
- Features include the quick adjusting split-fence which splits individually into 2 halves and enables accuracy when jointing pieces.
- The table holes accept bits with sizes as large as 3-1/2 inch panel that can be applied into the table.
- The 12-7/8 inch table leg height allows use of most variety of 1-1/2 to 3-1/4 horse power routers that are available on the market.
- The product also has a 1 year limited warranty where repairs will be fixed free of charge.
Porter-Cable Router Table Customer Reviews and Ratings
Porter-Cable router tables have a few reviews from customers and users, one of those reviews includes the praise for the dust chute where one customer said that ‘it perfectly fits on the shop vac and I don’t have to worry about dust and debris scattered on the shop or floating in the air.” Another positive review was from a customer who said that “the Porter-cable router table is very portable and once set up properly, it’s fine to use”. While some customers had posted a negative review about the product where he said “the inexpensive materials makes the table hard to set up and since it’s very lightweight it keeps on moving while at work.” Overall the reviews were very positive and many users would recommend the Porter-Cable router table to friends and family.