Best Router Table Reviews presents the Bosch RA1181 Benchtop Router Table Review. Bosch is a world renowned brand for different power tools and one of the most popular is their line of router tables. This Bosch router table is just one of the best benchtop router tables Bosch has ever made. The Bosch router table has features every skilled wood worker would want to be installed on their router table. This router table can be attached to any work bench so finding a compatible work bench won’t be a problem anymore. Bosch router tables have feather boards that are adjustable for superior protection and precise cutting once the workpiece is being secured on the table’s fence.
This Bosch router table also has a dust collection port, collecting all of the dust directly into a bin. The Bosch router table has two ½ inch size functional dust bins that collect all the dust from the surface creating a clean and healthy working place.
Precise cuts just like a professional woodworker
Bosch RA1181 lets you create a large variety of work pieces with its sleek 27 inches long by 18 inches wide work surface. On one of the Bosch router table legs is a storage area that is very usable for keeping wood working tools and routers. The router table also has an aluminium router mounting plate that fits perfectly with numerous routers even those which are not manufactured by Bosch. With the mounting plates ready to be mounted by different routers, you do not need to drill holes in it anymore. Bosch router plates have aluminium fences with MDF face plates making the work surface sturdy and easy to glide in. The aluminum fences are also adjustable, where work pieces secured using the feather boards can create precise and definite cuts.
A clean, healthy and safe working environment
The Bosch RA1181 router table is well known for its dust collecting ability where it contains one dust collection port that effectively removes dust and debris. Bosch router tables dust port fits standard sizes of 2 -1/2 inch vacuum hoses.
The extra accessory slot can handle additional featherboards and any optional accessories that measure ¾ inch such as any miter gauge measuring ¾ inch by 3/8 inch deep.
Bosch Router Table Features and Specifications
- A benchtop router table that can be easily attached to any work bench.
- Has 2 adjustable featherboards for security and safety of fingers while sawing and can also contribute to precise cutting once secured into the fence of the table board.
- Strong aluminium fence with MDF plates for a sturdy and frictionless cutting. These plates and fences contribute to minimizing the motion of the router table while handling high horse powered routers making each cut exact and clean.
- Dust collection bin which effectively removes dust and dirt on the router table so cleaning up is easier. It also cleans the environment by eliminating dust particles to scatter. Also fits vacuum standard sized 2-1/2 hoses.
- Accessory containers for storing and even adding in extra tools measuring ¾ of an inch such as the miter gauge.
- 27 inches long by 18 inches wide workspace creating more space for working and giving more ease on cutting angular pieces.
Bosch Router Table Customer Reviews and Ratings
A lot of woodworking enthusiasts who have bought the Bosch router table were very positive based on their experiences of using the product. The most popular comments about the product revolve on certain features of the Bosch router table. One of the most appreciated feature of the product is the material used which is a strong aluminium cast that manifested the sturdiness and the quality of the router table. The aluminium casts on the fences, work surface and the mounting plate protects both the work piece and the machine itself eliminating the waxing process done with tables made from iron casts that leave silver streaks on the wood once it is not waxed. Also the dust bin has been a great help since it keeps the work space free from dust and debris.
However, certain features had brought disappointment to customers too but this just had a minimal impact on their overall review of the product. One example is the complaint given by a customer who said that his table was not equally levelled. He noted that there was something wrong with the table’s flatness and he had to call Bosch about the problem. Bosch had replaced his table and admitted to initial manufacturing errors.